Pickleball game is the most acclaimed game in the USA. More than 2.5 have been playing Pickleball in the USA. However, these days individuals are cherishing it more, in the USA as well as in a lot more nations. Presently a few nations are holding competitions and associations of Pickleball sport.
But before starting at any game its rule are necessary. Like pickleball has 5 rules. Now you will ask What Are The 5 Rules Of Pickleball? So for your information, I will explain to you all the 5 rules of Pickleball very simply and shortly.
Table of Contents
5 Rule for PICKLEBALL GAME
There are 5 rules for the Pickleball game:
- Basic Rule
- The Serving
- Two Bounce ball rule
- Non-valley zone
- And at last, I will explain some faults.
Size of Pickleball court:
- Pickleball court size is the same as badminton; 20*44”.
- Every side of the court 10/10” for two players.
- Net size should be 36”
- 7” is a Non-valley zone at every side.
Basic Rules for Pickleball:
- Pickleball games can be played by either double or single-player, But the double play is common.
- Either single or double players are playing but the area and rules are the same.
- Determining who will serve at first.
- Use underhand for the service of the pickleball.
- Your hand with paddle should be below the waist.
- A player who will do service should be standing 1 foot behind the baseline of the court. His feet should not touch before hitting the Wiffle ball.
- Wiffle Ball should go between the baseline and Non-Valley zone lines; Nor inside the valley zone nor outside the baseline.
- Service should diagonally crosscourt.
- Only one service is allowed at a time But if the ball touches the service and falls in the proper place.
- Points are always scored by the serving team.
- The maximum points for the game are 11, and the win should be 2 points.
- But during tournaments points are different like, 15 or 21 but the win is still by 2 points.
- When the points are 0,2.4,6,8,10 then the player of right will serve and receive.
- When they are 1,3,5,7,9, the player on the left side will serve.
Two Bounce Ball Rule:
- Except for the service shoot, every shoot should be bounce once in that team’s court. In short, the receiver will return the ball after once bouncing the ball in his courtside.
- When the ball has bounced two times, then the ball either can be volleyed or played off the bounce.
- Two bounce ball rule extends rallies.
- AS I have already mentioned that there is a 7” Non-valley zone along with the net on both sides of the
- If the ball is not bounced yet then a player in Non-Valley can’t hit the ball. But if the ball hits a player before bounce then the point is for the opponent team.
- Even touching the line of the Non-valley zone is considered as inside the Non-valley Zone.
- Suppose if you are outside the Non-Valley Zone and hits a ball but momentum takes you inside then the point is lost.
- A few things will be considered as a fault if the ball
- Touches any part of the Non-Valley Zone during service.
- Goes outside from any side.
- Falls at the playing side.
- Is volleyed before a bounce on both sides.